We are happy to discuss and clarify any of the content below with you. Please contact email@example.com to learn more.
Calgary Crayons is seeking to contract with an individual or business for marketing services.
The Contractor and Calgary Crayons will work collaboratively to develop the specifics of the contract based on your skills and knowledge, your availability, and Calgary Crayons’ requirements.
Although the Contractor should be capable of completing most of the listed services, we recognize the broad scope and the diverse skills and knowledge required to deliver them by a single individual
If you have a solid understanding of marketing principles and techniques and feel that you would be a good fit for our business, we encourage you to apply even if you are not currently able to provide all of the listed services.
Description of Services
- Informed by your experience, comparative research and analytics, evaluate and make recommendations with respect to Calgary Crayons’ social media strategy;
- Identify relevant influencers/bloggers to solicit for advertising/marketing partnerships, evaluate media kits, and draft proposals;
- Help refine Calgary Crayons’ digital advertising strategy based on research and analytics and design products based on findings (e.g. Google Ads, social media ads).
- Brand development (e.g. standardization of colour palettes, development of consistent messaging, refining of visual identity);
- Ongoing services
- Design of print and digital marketing materials (e.g. postcards, info sheets, business cards, activity guides);
- Website design and copy for pages/blog posts (within a template, HTML/CSS not required but an asset qualification).
- Draft copy, design visuals, and draft hashtags based on analytics for weekly social media content;
- Product photography;
- Act as a coordinator/liaison for brand reps and other marketing partners;
Aside from a short weekly video chat to be scheduled between 10am-9pmMT, you will set your own hours to accommodate your schedule while meeting required deadlines.
The work may be done remotely within Canada.
The Contractor will receive knowledge transfer from Calgary Crayons and access to the business’ social media scheduling, website Content Management System, and basic graphic design software.
The Contractor must supply their own equipment and the Contractor’s access to additional relevant software would be ideal but is not required (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro).
The budget for the contract is $1,100 plus GST/HST (if applicable) based on 55 hours.
Although this is the minimum number of hours, when submitting your resume please indicate whether you have flexibility to take on additional hours if resources were available.
The contract will be completed by July 31, 2021 with the opportunity for renewal.
We want to find a collaborator who believes in our business and wants to help grow it into something special.
Although we are currently a small startup with limited financial and administrative capacity, our team has experience designing, launching, and leading large organizations and we believe that Calgary Crayons has a significant growth opportunity.
We hope that this contract will be a stepping stone to a longer-term contract, or, depending on your preferences and our growth, an employment or partnership opportunity.
Our Evaluation CriteriaExperience and technical skills:
- Demonstrated experience delivering the listed services, with an emphasis on graphic design and copywriting.
- Marketing and communications experience within the retail sector (ideally ecommerce) and/or with arts and crafts or craft-scale manufacturing would be an asset but is not required.
- Experience working as a remote, independent contractor.
Quality of the submitted portfolio of sample work.
- Respect - you recognize the inherent value and dignity of all people and treat them with respect at all times
- Diligence - you demonstrate care in your work and are dedicated to quality
- Reliability - you work efficiently and can be counted on to deliver on commitments
- Trustworthiness - you understand the importance of building and protecting a business’ reputation and act ethically and responsibly at all times
- Problem solving and cooperation - you can work with minimal supervision and use your critical thinking skills to address challenges when they arise, but also know when to ask for help and enjoy a good team brainstorming session!
Applications will be accepted until 5pm Friday May 21, 2021, with interviews and a decision the following week.
The Contractor will sign a General Services Agreement with Calgary Crayons and should be able to start the work by June 1, 2021.
How to Submit a Proposal
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a single PDF attachment that includes the following:
- Cover letter describing your interest and summarizing your relevant skills and experience (1 page maximum);
- Resume that speaks to the listed services (2 pages maximum); and,
- Contacts for 2 professional references and description of your relationship.
Attach or provide links in your email to up to 5 items that are examples of your work. We encourage you to demonstrate the diversity of your skill set through this selection and to align your choices with the listed services.